This recipe for Prawn Dumpling Miso Soup is from episode 3 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 1 lb Peeled and deveined medium prawn, washed and dried
- 3 Tbsp Chives
- 4 Tbsp Chopped fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp (1 ml) Sesame oil
- 24-30 Wonton wrappers
- 4 cups (945 ml) Water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dashi granules
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Miso paste
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 12 Enoki mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 Green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Place prawns in a food processor with chives, ginger, and kosher salt, and blitz until it is pulpy. Do not over mix. Scoop the mixture into a bowl. Add sesame oil and stir.
- With a small spoon, place about ½ oz of mixture into each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edge of wonton wrapper and fold over into desired shape.
- Cover wontons with plastic wrap and a damp towel until ready to use.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine dashi granules and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in the miso paste. Add soy sauce and mirin. Place the prawn wontons into the soup to simmer for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, green onions, and butter. Simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Top with sesame oil as desired.