This recipe for Swordfish with Orange Herbed Almond Compound Butter and Candied Yam Coins is from episode 6 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 4 pieces Swordfish, (4-5 oz each)
- Salt and pepper
Almond Compound Butter
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) Almonds, sliced
- ½ lb (113 g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Oranges zested
- 1 Clove Garlic, grated
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 Yam, sliced into coins
- 4 Tbsp (60g) Butter
- Salt to season
- 2 Tbsp(30ml) Brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) Fresh nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Almonds
- Prepare the butter. Toast almonds in a pan at medium heat until golden consistently flipping almonds. Transfer to a bowl with softened butter, orange zest, garlic, parsley, paprika, and salt. Stir together.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap (or parchment) on a flat surface. Using a plastic bag, make a piping bag. Scoop butter mixture into a plastic bag and press it into one corner, twisting the top half in order to apply pressure. Cut off a one inch sized piece of the corner of bag for butter to escape. Pipe butter onto plastic wrap and roll it up. Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare yams. Add butter and yams to a heated pan. Sprinkle in brown sugar and cinnamon. Grate in nutmeg. 1 minute Transfer yams to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in oven for 25 minutes until soft and fudgy. Remove from oven and sprinkle almonds over yams, and then place back in oven to finish. 2 minutes.
- Drizzle oil over swordfish and season with salt and pepper. Grill fish at on medium heat quarter turning after one minute, flipping after another minute.
- Plate swordfish and yams with cold compound butter slices over top.