This recipe for slow-baked coho salmon with roasted garlic, shallots and chive oil is from episode 15 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 2 Coho salmon fillets, 8-12 ounces (227-340 g) each
- 20 cloves of garlic
- 4 shallots, peeled and quartered with stems intact
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) Olive oil
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bunch chives
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
- In an oven-safe skillet, combine garlic, shallots, and olive oil. Season with salt. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, add the thyme, toss, and briefly set aside.
- Meanwhile, allow the salmon to come to room temperature for 20 minutes. Season the salmon with salt. Place the salmon fillet on top of the roasted garlic and shallot. Return the pan to the oven for an additional 20 minutes for medium rare, 30 minutes for medium-well.
- While the salmon cooks, combine chives, parsley, garlic, and canola oil in a blender. Season with salt and blend for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the salmon with roasted shallots and garlic to a serving plate, and spoon chive oil over top.