- 6 Cubanelle or Anaheim chili peppers cut in half lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled (125ml)
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese (250ml)
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves (45ml)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions (60ml)
- ½ cup roasted corn (125ml) or you may use drained canned corn or defrosted frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for brushing
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and veins. Place the cut peppers on a tray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cheeses, cilantro, scallions, corn and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the outside of the peppers with olive oil.
- Divide the cheese mixture equally into the hollowed peppers.
- Preheat barbeque to medium heat 350F (175C).
- Place a grill screen on the barbeque to preheat for 10 minutes. Oil the grill screen to prevent sticking.
- Place peppers on the oiled grill screen cheese side up.
- Close the lid of the barbeque and cook the peppers until they are nicely charred and the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove peppers from grill and cool slightly.
- Serve warm.