This recipe for Bay Scallop Ceviche with Avocado Salsa is from episode 4 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- ½ cup (125 ml) Mandarin orange juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 lb (450 g) bay scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- Serrano chillies, thinly chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Red onion, diced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Avocados, diced
- ½ Lime, juice only
- Olive oil
- ¼ Red onion
- Serrano chili
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Cilantro leaves
- 2 Mandarin oranges, segmented
- Check the bay scallops for any remaining side muscles and remove them if necessary.
- Squeeze citrus juices into a large bowl. Add scallops to the bowl with a dash of salt. Place in refrigerator for approximately 4 hours until the bay scallops are opaque all the way through.
- Make the salsa. Place diced avocado in a bowl with lime juice, salt, and olive oil. Add some onion, serrano chilli, and cilantro. Add segmented mandarin oranges and mix all together.
- Remove scallops from the refrigerator. Add onion, serrano chilli, and cilantro to the chilled scallops and stir together.
- Scoop scallops into serving glasses. Pour in a little ceviche juice over them. Spoon salsa on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with lime wedge and cilantro.