This recipe for beer steamed clams and grilled gözleme is from episode 5 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 200 g Natural yogurt
- 1 Pinch salt
- 250 g Self-rising flour
- Canola Oil (for fry pan)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Olive oil
- 6 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Red onions, chopped fine
- 8 dozen Small Manila clams, well-scrubbed
- ¼ lb (1/2 cup) Butter
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 bottles of beer (your choice, white ale is nice)
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Place yogurt and salt in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the flour and stir with a butter knife until mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Knead on a lightly-floured surface, until the dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- Put dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for an hour.
- Roll out chilled dough on a flour-covered surface. Cut into 4 pieces, about 20 cm in length.
- Preheat grill or frying pan. Oil the grill or pan. Cook two pieces of dough at a time, until golden brown, turning once.
- Make your clams.
- Heat oil in a wok or large stock pot. Gently sauté garlic and onions until translucent and starting to caramelize. Place clams in the wok and add butter and pepper. Pour in beer. Cover pot and bring to boil over medium heat, cooking until clams open.
- Add fresh parsley to steamed clams and toss. Remove clams to platter or large serving bowl, discarding any that do not open. Pour broth into a serving bowl for dipping with gozleme.