This recipe for maple butter-poached lobster claws with parmesan polenta is from episode 13 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 8 Atlantic lobster claws
Maple Butter Sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 ½ pounds (1.1 kg) butter, cubed
- 4 cups (950 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (240 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Parmesan cheese
- Chives to garish
- Cook lobster for about 4 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Transfer claws to an ice bath to halt the cooking.
- Drain lobster. Remove meat from the shells.
- Season lobster meat with salt.
- Add maple syrup and lemon juice to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add butter gradually while swirling the pan until all the butter is melted.
- Poach lobster in the maple butter saucepan until meat is opaque, 6 minutes.
- Pour whole milk into a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cornmeal and whisk very often until the polenta is creamy, roughly 18-20 minutes.
- Season polenta with salt. Stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon polenta onto serving plates and top with lobster. Drizzle pan butter over top. Garnish with chopped chives.