Lemon curd is of course tart but balanced by the sugar and is rich and thick. It’s beautiful (and yummy) with the duck.
- 6 large yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Put all the ingredients into a medium saucepan over low heat, whisking to incorporate. Once the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, switch to a heatproof rubber spatula. Gently cook until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl or container, and place plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the lemon curd to prevent a skin from forming. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- The mixture will have set a bit. Whisk the curd, and add more lemon juice if it needs more acidity or the mixture is too thick. Will keep refrigerated for 5 days.
Recipe for Duck Carpaccio here.
Recipe for Sugar Cured Onions here.