This recipe for mixed seafood salad with chorizo and chickpeas is from episode 11 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 200 g cooking Chorizo, cut into chickpea-sized chunks
- Salt to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 12-16 large Prawn,
- 600 g Cleaned squid, sliced into strips
- 2 x 400 g cans Chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 4 Bell peppers (multi-coloured), grilled
- Large bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 100 ml Olive oil
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- 1 Lime, juice only
- Add chorizo to a hot pan. Season with salt. Add garlic. When chorizo is partly cooked, add prawns to pan. When the prawns are almost cooked (about 1 minute), add squid to pan and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer contents of pan to a bowl with drained chickpeas.
- Slice grilled peppers into long, thin pieces and add to bowl.
- Add parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and lime juice. Toss all together with tongs. Salad is good hot or cold.