We thought we’d have some fun with classic Thai ingredients in a not-so-common cocktail. Try it at your next party.
Serves 6, and makes 2 cups (500 mL) infused vodka
Lime leaf–infused vodka
- 6 fresh lime leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) vodka
For the martini
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped seeded watermelon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) infused vodka
- Place the lime leaves and vodka in a jar, and let it sit, covered, for 5 days.
- To a blender, add the watermelon, lime juice, and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the infused vodka, and purée. Transfer to martini shaker with lots of ice, and shake.
- Strain into martini glasses.