This recipe for Macadamia Nut-Crusted Swordfish with Mango Salsa is from episode 6 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- Four 6 oz (170 g) Swordfish fillets
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Orange zest
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Panko flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Olive oil (for drizzling fish)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Canola oil (for pan)
- ½ cup (113 g) Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Avocado cut into cubes
- ½ Red onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Fresh Jalapeño chopped
- ½ Mango diced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime, juice only
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Oil
- Salt to taste
- Prepare salsa. Dice and combine avocado, red onion, jalapeño, mango, and cilantro. Squeeze in lime juice, sprinkle in salt, drizzle oil, and stir all together.
- Add macadamia nuts, orange zest, panko, salt, and pepper to a food processor, and pulse. Make sure there are no large chunks of nuts. Spread nut mixture over a plate. Season swordfish, and drizzle oil on top. Lay swordfish in nut mixture and press down to ensure nuts stick to fish.
- Add canola oil and butter to a heated pan. As butter melts, lay swordfish in pan. Cook for 1 minute, turning once and cook for another 3 minutes. Spoon pan juices over fish.
- Remove fish from pan and plate with mango salsa on top.