Ease of Preparation: Easy
Yield: 8 Servings
You might not expect dill seeds in a dessert, but one taste and you’ll be a convert! The fresh-tasting little seeds work wonders with fresh berries, and a creamy topping of mascarpone cheese will help seal the deal!
- 1 cup (240 ml) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (240 ml) fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- 3 limes, juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dill seeds, ground using a spice grinder
- 2 cups (470 ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) icing sugar
- 8 slices pound cake or store-bought angel food cake, crumbled into large chunks
Combine the raspberries and sliced strawberries in a large bowl.
Add sugar, juice of 2 limes, and ground dill seeds.
Macerate at room temp for 90 minutes to 2 hours.
In a mixing bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
Add mascarpone and icing sugar, and whip until soft peaks form again.
In individual glasses, place 1-2 spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture.
Top with a few pieces of pound cake or angel food cake and top with the mascarpone mixture.
Repeat until all glasses are filled and serve immediately.