This recipe for Rosé Sabayon with Caviar and Whipped Cream is from episode 9 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 8 eggs at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) white sugar
- 1 ½ cups (350 ml) sparkling rosé
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cold 35% whipping cream
- 1 1-ounce (30 g) tin of sustainable sturgeon caviar
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Prepare a double boiler. Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Place the yolks into double boiler and begin whisking. Be cautious not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
- Add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar and whisk. Gradually, while whisking continuously, add ½ cup (120 ml) sparkling rosé and continue whisking and adding sugar and rosé in stages until the mixture has doubled in size and is thick and soft, pale yellow.
- Remove mixture from the double boiler and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Add the cream into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold cold egg mixture into the whipped cream
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into champagne glasses.
- Top with caviar (about ½-1 tsp each glass) and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately.