This recipe for Oysters Rockefeller with Romesco Sauce is from episode 10 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
Serves: 3-4 as an Appetizer
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream
- 12 oysters
- Rock salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) panko
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 lemons, lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- 3 cups (710 ml) spinach, raw
- 1 medium shallot
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 slices crusty bread (about 2 ounces/57 g) cut into pieces
- ¼ cup (60 ml) whole raw almonds
- 1 cup (240 ml) roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Kosher salt
- Set oven to broil
- Add cream a saucepan over medium-high and reduce by half, 6-7 minutes.
- Shuck oysters, discarding top shells. Lay the oysters in their bottom shells on a baking sheet covered in rock salt.
- Pour panko into a food processor. Add garlic, salt, lemon zest, grated parmesan, pepper, and olive oil. Blitz briefly.
- Wilt spinach in a large oiled pan on high heat, with salt and pepper, for about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate to cool down.
- Place the onion, tomato, garlic, bread, and almonds to a large pan and roast until the bread and almonds are lightly toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to a blender, and add roasted red peppers, paprika, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Blitz for about 20 seconds, until relatively smooth.
- Spoon cream from saucepan onto oysters. Top each oyster with wilted spinach and panko mixture. Place in oven.
- Remove oysters from broiler. Spoon Romesco sauce over top and serve.