This recipe for Cajun Prawns with Lime Butter Sauce is from episode 9 of Fish the Dish starring Spencer Watts.
- 24 (10/12 count) tiger prawns, deveined, shells removed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) paprika
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) canola oil
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Honey Lime Butter Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Canola oil
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 1/4 cups (200 ml) dry white wine
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) honey
- ½ cup (120 ml) cold, cubed, unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until translucent, but do not colour.
- Add white wine, lime juice, and honey. Season with salt to taste.
- Gradually add butter cubes to the pan while continually moving the pan. Leave over low heat.
- In a plastic zip-top bag, combine the paprika, garlic powder, chili flakes, chili powder, cumin, and brown sugar. Add cleaned prawns, and shake bag to coat.
- Add oil to bag and shake again.
- Oil the grill, and grill the rub-coated prawn for 1-2 minutes a side.
- Plate grilled prawn on large platter and drizzle with butter sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.