GUSTO TV is the world’s best food channel. We’re seen in + 160 countries and available in English, Spanish and Mandarin. What makes us different is that we produce 100% of the content seen on the channel. And we do it all out of a single facility in Ottawa. We’re lean, nimble, hungry, and relentless in bringing Gusto to the world.
We have huge growth plans for the next few years as we expand and diversify our revenue base. To assist, we’re looking for an individual with a strong business mind, mercenary work ethic and inquisitive nature.
Ottawa doesn’t have much in the way of a streaming media industry, so chances are you don’t know our business, but if you’re the right fit, we’ll learn you the ropes.
Interested? Your job basically falls into two categories: help us nurture our existing client base and do the legwork as we explore new revenue opportunities. Here’s what we’d want you to do:
- Bring your business mind to bear on new projects. Strong research skills are required here (if you think research is the first page of Google, we thank you for your time and wish you well). For instance, if we wanted to establish our burgeoning e-comm business in the greater Chicago market how would you go about sourcing and evaluating potential co-packers? Do you know how to do a cost/benefit analysis? How would you go about finding the ad agency that reps a CPG company to sponsor a show?
- Be polite, charming, devoted and mind-numbingly detail-oriented in working with existing streaming partners like Samsung, Vizio, Roku and Amazon
- Learn the Canadian media tax credit system to be able to assist with applications
- While what we do is fun showbiz, we’re essentially a project management company. Learn how to build out show budgets, help negotiate contracts, work with our lawyers and accountants. Make sure all the T’s are crossed.
- There’s an old saying that goes: “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it”. Become an expert in measuring stuff.
- Make meaningful contributions to management meetings. Ask questions.
Here’s what you need to get an interview:
- A business degree
- At least 3 years’ solid work experience. You need to show us how you’ve grown and helped your previous employers hit home runs
- Canadian citizenship (or Permanent Resident)
- A self-confident, ambitious mind set
- Exceptional analysis skills
- Even more exceptional business writing skills (examples would be helpful)
- There will inevitably be some late nights, early mornings or the occasional weekend urgency. Your family is paramount but you’ll need some flex
- Able to travel. We go to cool places so you’ll have to earn this one
- Prior media experience is a bonus but not necessary
- You’re a foodie
If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you’ve read this and are wondering why you don’t work here yet, we want to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 13, 2023, at 5 PM ET.