Gusto TV is the best food channel in the world. We’re seen in over 170 countries across the globe in multiple languages and produce all our original content at our state-of-the-art studio in Ottawa, Ontario.
We need terrific talent to join our motivated, food-loving Gusto team and help us keep up with Gusto growth. If you’re an accounting and finance rockstar, we want you on our team!
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the accountant is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records including ledgers, budgets, bank statements, reconciliations, and tax filings.
- Use Quickbooks to accurately prepare and maintain accounting documents and records for 25+ television production corporations
- Track spending, maintain and prepare cost reports
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards, inter-company accounts and expense reports.
- Assist in audits by providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process
- General ledger accounting functions as needed and/or assigned (e.g. general ledger, purchasing, etc.)
- Inform other staff regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of facilitating financial compliance within established practices.
- Provide support to other departmental personnel regarding procedures and program requirements, preparing reports for executive committee as needed
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and partners across both accounts payable and receivable, process and issue invoices
- Review financial information for the purpose of identifying potential budget variances, compiling statistical information and conforming to established financial practices and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Maintain accurate records at all times according to company policy
- 3-5 years of direct experience in a similar role
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple demands on your time and still meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a natural ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts